List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] apt
From:       Franklin Maurer <nebbish () sprynet ! com>
Date:       2003-09-28 21:26:33

On Sunday 28 September 2003 12:59 pm, Jerome Lyles wrote:
> On Friday 26 September 2003 10:24, Ben Rosenberg wrote:

<snipped>

> How exactly, do you add usr-local-bin to your source.list?
> Do I have to add compnents to usr-local-bin?

Open /etc/apt/sources.list and just add usr-local-bin to the end of your list
for gwdg. Use kwrite or your favorite editor. You'll have to (as root) chown
"username" /etc/apt/sources.list in order to save it.

> Also when I update an individual package using synaptic I get:
> Sub-process /bin/rpm returned an error code (6)

Which package? also see below.

> When I update all updatable packages using synaptic I get:
> Sub-process /bin/rpm returned an error code (138) and
> sometimes error code (1).
>
> Can someone tell what this means and what to do about it?

I think the number has to do with the number of packages that are being
upgraded at the time of the error, but that's just my hypothesis.

Please post the contents of your sources.list. It's in /etc/apt/sources.list.
Most likely you have update-prpm & or security prpm listed; because these give
patch rpms apt and synaptic are erroring out because you don't have the right
package to apply the patch to..

There are some components listed in apt that you might want to remove like the
prpm listings, kde-stable, the susers, suse-people,
mantel-kernel, ...mozilla.

All you need is base, kde,xfree86,security,usr-local-bin, update, security,
packman(if you want xine or mplayer), extra(?),funktronics(?).

--
Franklin Maurer
Using SuSE 8.2 Pro