List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Matsonic board and sound
From:       Olle Viksten <olle () viksten ! com>
Date:       2003-09-23 13:09:02

måndagen den 22 september 2003 16.06 skrev Bruce Marshall:
> On Monday 22 September 2003 8:52 am, Olle Viksten wrote:
> > I upgraded to a Matsonic MS8137C+ mother board today. Everything wenr
> > smoth except the sound driver. Does anyone know how to get it to work
> > on a SuSE 82, KDE3.1 machine?
>
> 1) Find out what the chipset of the on-board sound is.
>
> 2) go to  www.alsa-project.org   and download the drivers (and maybe also
> the libs)
>
> 3) compile (2)
>
> 4) make install  for the drivers.
>
> 5) run alsaconf  for your new sound chipset.
>

> Or see whether YAST2 will configure it for you without all of the above
> but that may not work.

Thanks I tried it and both alsaconf and YAST2 finds it and it still will not
work. I suspect it may have something to do with the IRQ.

I'll see what happens tomorrow when I get a new HD and make a fresh install.

Olle

--
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
Registered Linux User 61169 http://counter.li.org

Magick! Bettie Page! Crossfire!
http://www.viksten.com