List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] spammers attached to the SuSE list
From:       gary <gv-dated-1062372813.cakfnjgb () mygirlfriday ! info>
Date:       2003-08-31 23:34:37

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 12:13:06AM +0100 or thereabouts, Terence McCarthy wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:43:56 -0500
> gary <gv-dated-1062347489.lpelgdid@mygirlfriday.info> wrote:
>
> > tmda
> Thanks, Gary.

You are most welcome... Interestingly, over the last 36 hours, there have
been over 250 attempts at spam in my servers using one of these addresses
(all gleaned from the same disposable address), from all over the world,
and all were rejected because of it. These were true spam, coming from
known IP spam blocks, not the latest virus. To me, it is well worth the
time to learn TMDA as it is so versitile, especially if you run your own
mail server, or are on many lists / usenet.

--
Gary

Doing a job RIGHT the first time gets the job done. Doing the
job WRONG fourteen times gives you job security.