List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] NVidia on 8.2 Help
From:       Rocco Charamella <rcharamella () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-08-28 21:20:13

On Friday 29 August 2003 12:53 am, William Westfall wrote:
> Found this info on a support list and am passing it along for those
> still having problems. Did it all from a terminal window and rebooted
> into safe mode for the install. Works great now. Hope it helps.
>
> 1) Kernel sources must be installed and configured. Usually this means
> installing the 'kernel-source' RPM with YaST2 and configure it then
> with the following commands:
>
> cp /boot/vmlinuz.config /usr/src/linux/.config
> cp /boot/vmlinuz.version.h /usr/src/linux/include/linux
> cp /boot/vmlinuz.autoconf.h /usr/src/linux/include/linux
> cd /usr/src/linux
> make cloneconfig dep
>
> 2) Use the nvidia installer.
>
> export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=yes
> sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363.run
>
> 3) Enable 3D support with SaX2.

Thanks,
I was able to get the driver to install using this method. I have another
issue though. The Geometry changes when using SaX2 and selecting the nvidia
driver. Geometry changes to 1400X1050 when I "Test" and I can't get it to go
to 1600X1200. On my laptop this resolution looks lousy. And, I've checked
XF86Config and don't find the place where resolution is set. Being that
everything else works, could I save with the higher Geometry setting and not
testing?
Or where would I find the Geometry setting to manually change it?
Thanks.