List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] NVidia and Inspiron 8200
From:       Rocco Charamella <rcharamella () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-08-28 5:22:27

I've been trying to install the NVidia driver that online update had as an
option. I've tried to install the 4496 pkg using the suggested method from
suse website, but it fail on building the kernel module. I've installed the
4363 version of the driver through the suggested method but when the maching
boots, even though the resolution is set to 1600X1200, I get a 1400 type
resolution, I think through the geometry setting. I can't seem to get the
settings right to have the nvidia driver installed and have 1600 screen
resolution. Any ideas or resources you could direct me too.