List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] NSA SELinux on Suse?
From:       JW <jw () centraltexasit ! com>
Date:       2003-07-14 7:39:00

On Friday 11 July 2003 22:57, Jim Norton wrote:
> Anybody try installing the NSA's SELinux kernel and utilities patches
> on SuSE 8.1?  If so,  does it work well?  Does it appear to be worth
> the effort... etc etc ...
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

I went through it all about a year ago. It was very time consuming, yet I must
say that in the end, if ultimate security is what you want, it's the way to
go. I don't remember a whole lot of details. You'll definately want to
download the "white papers" and such and read them several times before you
start trying to install it. It will work on SuSE though. SOme folks have sets
of .te files for SuSE's default deamons. Just ask on the SELinux list.

All told, SELinux is _really_ cool. I hope it gets a little easier to use over
time.