List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Re: phpMyAdmin
From:       Mike Green <linux () saesolved ! com>
Date:       2003-06-19 2:25:20

Jay,

In my configuration mod_php4 shows up as one of the installed modules. And I
believe the connection to your difficulty may be that the directive
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
appears between the tags:
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
    </IfModule>

Thus if Apache does not find mod_php4 installed it will not invoke the
directive
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
and it will not know that files with the extension .php are to be parsed by
php.

I beleive there are other ways around this, which do not involve use of php as
a module. But I really can only speak to what is working on my system. And my
system has php4 installed as a module.

Cheers!

Mike