List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Hosts file "corrected" by something
From:       Michael D Green <linux () saesolved ! com>
Date:       2003-06-10 15:44:06

Thanks! I have recently found out that the change you recommended is also
necessary -- in addition to getting my syntax correct, as recommended by Ken
Schneider in the other response to my inquiry.

I.e., unless CHECK_ETC_HOSTS is set to no in /etc/sysconfig/suseconfig,
SuSEconfig cleans up my hosts file and changes the line (which will appear
wrapped in this email, but which is all on one line in my hosts file):
198.162.0.201 puddleglum.mydomain.com puddleglum lili.puddleglum.mydomain.com
fred.puddleglum.mydomain.com
to:
198.162.0.201 puddleglum.mylocaldomain.com puddleglum

With CHECK_ETC_HOSTS set to no things are now working.

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Mike Green