List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] [OT] - Business Accounting program
From:       JW <jw () centraltexasit ! com>
Date:       2003-05-11 6:55:01

On Saturday 10 May 2003 16:55, Dylan wrote:
> On Saturday 10 May 2003 22:17, Bernd wrote:
> > I need to find a double entry accounting program for a new non-profit
> > business.  Possibly, cross-platform (not necessary, though).
> >
> > I've waded through googlemania, only to be inundated by the vast amount
> > of programs that are out there, from very alpha to stable.  I'm using
> > SuSE 8.1.
> >
> > Any help/experience to narrow the list of possibles would be appreciated.
>
> Have you looked on www.sourceforge.net?

And freshmeat.net

I looked through everythign on FM about a year ago and currently I'm useing
SQL-Leder. Granted, it is not QuickBooksForDummiesTM (Which is what I need,
honestly ;-) but if you know accounting (hopefully better than I do) you
might like it. It's meant for a more service-oriented business, but I am
using it for a very small inventory-centric business and it's been ok so far
(Even survived Tax season ;-).

http://www.sql-ledger.org/

Warning: Web based. Postgres (Yay, but not easy for all) and perl (eeew*)
required.

*bite me. I don't like perl :-D

HTH,
	-JW