List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Soyo KT400 Ultra-ethernet
From:       Stephen Allewell <stephen () mirramar ! fsnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-04-09 10:12:24

thom@cavtel.net wrote:
>>Thom Nuzum wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know if my new Soyo KT400 Ultra mother board will work
>>>with its  onboard ehternet. It came up as a VIA VT6102 Rhine-1 when I
>>>had my bios with  LAN enabled only.
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>I have a soyo dragon plus, the lan reports as a rhine-II and
>>works just fine with 7.3 and 8.1
>

> Did you have to do any special configuration and are you using as an
> internet connection like DSL on it? I haven't a clue how to get this thing
> working.

No, it was detected correctly during installation, I just gave it
a suitable ip address.  It is happily connected to another pc
with a crossover cable, so I know it works correctly.

I have seen a few threads on various groups about using the
noapic option during boot, that will then allow the onboard lan
to work.  Have you tried that?

Steve