List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] My SuSE Linux is very slow sometimes.
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas () tiscali ! es>
Date:       2003-03-05 22:23:13

The 03.03.05 at 08:13, Tom Emerson wrote:

> Now, where this gets "annoying" is the case where you go on a camping trip
> over the weekend and actually SHUT DOWN the computer while you're away.  come

Even more annoying is for those of us powering off before midnight every
day, or keeping late hours. In either case, I get hit.

However, "nicing" the task is almost useless, it is the hard disk
perfomance that gets hit. I would need a special "nice find" program,
stopping often to give the rest of the programs a chance.

--
Cheers,
       Carlos Robinson