List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Next Release
From:       Ben Rosenberg <ben () whack ! org>
Date:       2003-02-20 8:09:51

* Thorsten Kukuk (kukuk@suse.de) [030220 00:04]:
->On Wed, Feb 19, jfweber@bellsouth.net wrote:
->
->> IIRC there were some listers still using 6.x versions when 8.0 came out..
->> and they were happy w/ that.  I get most of my updates because I need the
->> newer solutions for the test bed.. Also , I haven't had any trouble w/ 8.1
->> barring the fact that I needed to wait 3 weeks or so before some of the
->> updates that were available in Europe got put on the SuSE(.com) site in the
->> states.
->
->This is impossible. We don't have different ftp servers for europe
->and the states, the master server is ftp.suse.com.

Yes. An FYI to the list ftp.suse.com is in Germany..not in the States so
there isn't anything fishie going on between sites. Sometimes all
mirrors do not get updated as fast as users would like but them's the
breaks. ;)

--
Ben Rosenberg  ---===---===---===---  mailto:ben@whack.org
              Tell me what you believe..