List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] KMOZILLA
From:       "PL O'Smith" <penguin0601 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-02-19 19:22:47

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 01:52 am, David Herman wrote:
> I really don't use kmozilla much since upgrading to kde 3.1 but today
> I thought I'd give it a try.
>
> If there wasn't a problem then I probably wouldn't have written so
> here it is.
>
> If I start up konq it defaults to khtml, I load a site, (google for
> example), then try to switch to View-->View Mode--> KMOZILLA. The
> page turns grey and nothing happens. If I press reload then I get a
> quick progress bar and printed statement telling me that the site has
> loaded but still a grey window.
>
> After I close the window I recieve a message that konqueror has
> crashed, signal 11.
>
> Has anyone else had this behavior?
> (SuSE 8.1pro, kernel2.4.19-115/ win4lin patches, kde3.1 up to date w/
> apt)
>
> I suppose since I really don't use this feature I could take
> Groucho's advice...
> "I told the doctor it hurts when I do this, he said don't do that."
>
> See ya
> --
> dh
> Don't shop at GoogleGear.com!

-------------------------
David,
I noticed the same problem with Konq when trying to use the
kdebindings3-mozilla.  Me thinks it might be broke as I have had
confirmations from other users, even those that compile, that it
doesn't work.  I don't know if SuSE noticed this and fixed it in the
new files they just uploaded to their mirrors for KDE 3.1?

I see that the build numbers are different than the SuSE files on
kde.org, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are different.  But I
digress, yes, it does seem to be a bug, but with Konqueror behaving so
well now, I don't know if there is much need for it anymore!  :o)

Patrick
  --- KMail v1.5 --- SuSE Linux Pro v8.1 ---
	Registered Linux User #225206
 On any other day, that might seem strange...