List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] gnome
From:       "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris () ntm ! org>
Date:       2003-02-12 22:34:31

On 02/13/2003 03:56 AM, Allen Kenner wrote:

>Hey man, i logged out of KDE and clicked on restart X server, but it didnt
>work, so itried again and still no gnome in menu selection,
>I am running suSe Linux 8.1 professional.

You would need to restart kdm, but I think it would work better in your
situation to Ctrl-Alt-F1 to the console at tty1, login as root, enter
init 3 (which will shutdown the graphical part of the system, X, kdm,
etc).  After it is done, enter init 5, to restart only the graphical
parts.  Then, logout as root, hiy Alt-F7 back to X, and choose your
desktop choice.  HTH

--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission