List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] More on KDE 3.1
From:       Karol Pietrzak <kap4020 () osfmail ! isc ! rit ! edu>
Date:       2003-02-09 21:35:29

On Sunday 09 February 2003 16:14, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> Aside from being very UNhappy with SuSE and YOU (NOTHING on the Net.
> is as s-l-o-w as SuSE with YOU), I've had a long weekend, and my
> client is beginning to wonder what's going on!!!!!! I've wasted OVER
> 4 hours over the past 2 days waiting for updates, and it's doing same
> when I left it this afternoon. I've wasted enough time, and SuSE has
> had MORE than ample time to fix it!!!!

Yes, this is a big problem and SuSE should definitely get off their ass
and fix it.

> Second, I'll recommend that NO ONE else try KDE 3.1 till either Konq.
> is FIXED, or SuSE fixes the install!! I don't know which is
> responsible, but Konq. HAS MAJOR problems!!!!! SuSE SHOULDN'T have
> released 3.1 in it's present condition......period!

I have had no problems with my Konqueror 3.1.0.  In fact, I have
abandoned Mozilla 1.2.1 as my primary browser for it.

It's unfortunate that you are having such problems with it, but the KDE
3.1 packages for 8.1 are -not- official yet.  From the SuSE LinKS page:

"KDE 3.1 packages for SuSE Linux 8.1 will be available from Feb. 11th."

If you (or anyone) is using SuSE Linux 8.1 and wants to upgrade to KDE
3.1, I recommend you wait.