List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] Logitech QuickCam setup, was: Webcam info
From:       Patrick Shanahan <WideGlide () MyRealBox ! com>
Date:       2003-02-04 19:32:14

* fsanta <fsanta@arrakis.es> [02-04-03 12:48]:
> I use camserv
> cserv.sf.net
> really easy to setup
>
> On Tuesday 04 February 2003 16:30, Infra wrote:
> >
> > i'm trying to hook up my usb logitech quickcam to suse so i can broadcast
> > the video on the internet using my webserver. any suggestions on where i
> > should start or what programs i should use. also, are there any websites i
> > can go to for more info?

I also have a donated Logitech QuickCam.  How do you access output from
the camera?

ControlCenter --> USB Devices yelds:

Camera

Class           255     (Vendor Specific Class)
Subclass          0
Protocol          0
USB Version    1.16

Vendor ID     0x46d     (Logitech Inc.)
Product ID    0x870     (QuickCam Express)
Revision        1.0

Speed         12 Mbit/s
Channels          0
Max. Packet Size  0

But I have not been able to figure how to see/capture output from the
camera ????

--
Patrick Shanahan
http://wahoo.no-ip.org                  Registered Linux User #207535