List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Ogle DVD
From:       Marino Fernandez <mjferna () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-02-03 19:12:10

--- Dennis <dlbt@starhub.net.sg> wrote:

> I 'm facing
> problem on using Ogle to play DVD.

> playback is NOT smooth

Do you have an IDE (as opposed to a SCSI) DVD; do you
have DMA enabled?.

If you do have an IDE DVD, you can check in yast -->
Hardware --> IDE DMA setup... if you see it there, you
cna enable DMA...

However, sometimes like in my case it is not there; I
enable it from the command line like this (as root):
        hdparm -k1c1 /dev/hdc

Note that my DVD is the primary unit in the second IDE
(therefore is hdc); hda is the primary unit in the
first IDE (usually the HDD), hdb is the slave in that
first IDE unit (it usually is a second HDD or
sometimes a CD), hdd would be the slave in the second
IDE...

Try to play your DVD... if this works, let me know and
I'll explain to you how to make this permanent.