List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] kde3.1 apt-getable?
From:       Fergus Wilde <fwilde () chethams ! org ! uk>
Date:       2003-01-31 9:16:36

On Thursday 30 January 2003 15:31, René Matthäi wrote:
> Hello and thanks for your answer,
>
> Richard Bos schrieb:
> > ===== Original Message From René Matthäi <matthaei@gmx.de> =====
> >
> > Richard Bos schrieb:
> >>kde3 is now available for 8.1 as well. The component has been named
> >>kde3-stable.
<snip>

> But how can this work under 8.1 if the corresponding apt-dirs on the
> servers (gwdg, e. g. - is there any apt-dir on ftp.suse.com at all?
> where?!)

As far as I know, SuSE is still an rpm distribution, and apt has yet to become
officially supported. There will be plenty to correct me if I'm wrong, but if
this is indeed so we can't really expect to find apt-dirs on ftp.suse.com.

>are empty. Normally there should be links, but there can't be
> because the supplementary/KDE/8.1 dir is not up-to-date, i. e. kde 3.1

It is on the mirrors I used, and has been for a day or two.

--
Fergus Wilde
Chetham's Library

Tel: +44 161 834 7961