List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Apt-update error
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-24 19:50:08

Op vrijdag 24 januari 2003 00:43, schreef Franklin Maurer:
> Before Thursday 23 January 2003 16:37, David Herman wrote:
> >I recieve the following error message when I run apt-update;
> >
> > #dh1@linux: apt-get update
> > Collecting File Provides... Done
> > W: Release file did not contain checksum information for
> > ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/8.1-i386/base/srclist.gnome2
> > W: Release file did not contain checksum information for
> > ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/8.1-i386/base/srclist.packman-i
> >386 W: Release file did not contain checksum information for
> >ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/8.1-i386/base/srclist.packman-no
> >arch W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
> >
> > I have run apt-get update as suggested but the error continues. I'm not
> > seeing any other problems but would like to remedy this
> >
> > I assume the error means that the checksum info was not available from
> > the apt repository that is mentioned. But I'm only guessing
> >
> > Thanks for your ideas

Frank,

you're right it seems a server problem.  The above mentioned files are not
available at the server.  The easiest solution for this is to remove the
components gnome2 packman-noarch and packman-i386 from the rpm-src line in
the /etc/apt/sources.list file, this will prevent the error messages.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless