List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Returning w/ Questions
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-21 19:46:06

Op dinsdag 21 januari 2003 07:31, schreef Travis Owens:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm returning to the list after a while of not being able to play... :)
>
> Just a couple of quick questions to bring me up to speed.
>
> 1. Is the gwdg.de the only apt repository?

Known repositories can be found at:
http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/apt4rpm

There are rumors that a new apt repository is being setup besides gwdg.de

> 2. Is there a way to mirror it? (preferably using rsync) :)

Yes, this is possible with rsync.  However, I don't have the rsync command
within reach.

Sent mail to: apt4rpm-suse@lists.sourceforge.net

> 4. What's the best way to configure the folders to use for that
> repository? (the packages are either overlapping too much and causing
> confusion for apt, or they're trying to upgrade package xyz-ximian, when
> one of the dependancies are package abc-suse and it's barfing on
> that...)

Depends on your needs.  The basic components (for 8.1) are base, update and
kde.  All the others are addons, that you can add and remove any time you
like.  And indeed ximian, wants to take over the packages released by SuSE
and susers (suse users).  So add this component when you need an rpm from
ximian and remove it after that.  Nice components are further usr-local-bin
and suser-suserpm and suser-tcousin.
However, extensive information is available at:
http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless