List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Recommendations for network card and ADSL modem
From:       Phil Shrimpton <phil () shrimpton ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-01-20 22:48:29

On Friday 17 January 2003 21:48, Peter John Cameron wrote:

Hi,

> After nearly three weeks of trying, I've given up with the alcatel
> speedtouch modem.
>
> I'd like some recommendations for a decent external ADSL modem (or router)

I have a Draytek Vigor2600 (£140 from dsl-warehouse), and can't recommend it
enough.  Even though it is slightly more expensive than other adsl routers,
the built in features are the best I have seen (built in firewall with NAT,
DoS, DDos, built in VPN,  IP forwarding, dynmic dns support etc etc.)

Phil

--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
  7:53am  up 6 days, 13:42,  1 user,  load average: 0.25, 0.11, 0.07