List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] Boot logging doesn't work with standard (non-SuSE) linux kernel
From:       Alexandros Karypidis <karypid () inf ! uth ! gr>
Date:       2002-12-14 21:40:08

Hi all,

I've compiled the 2.4.19 kernel from www.kernel.org (i.e. NOT from the SuSE
sources).

Now, boot logging does not work with the following error:

blogd: console=/dev/pts/1, stdin=/dev/pts/1, must differ, boot logging
disabled

Furthermore, the "showconsole" command gives the following (I think related)
error:

showconsole: Warning: the ioctl TIOCGDEV is not known by the kernel

Before posting I located a similar posting in the German mailing list but my
German is not good enough to understand it and babelfish didn't help me
much... Maybe someone can help out? Here is the URL:

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux/2001-Nov/4435.html

--
To err is human, but to forgive is beyond the scope of the Operating System...

Alexandros Karypidis
University of Thessaly
Computer & Communications Engineering dept.