List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] SuSE 8.1 boot disk hangs
From:       Alexandros Karypidis <karypid () inf ! uth ! gr>
Date:       2002-12-07 13:33:23

I am trying to disable DMA but I can't seem to find the correct parameter. I
have disabled it in the BIOS but the kernel insists on reporting:

"... BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:pio"
"... BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA"

I tried using "ide0=nodma ide1=nodma" as well as "hda=nodma hdc=nodma
hdd=nodma" but none of these seem to work. When the computer boots, the BIOS
does report all drives to be in PIO mode.

--
To err is human, but to forgive is beyond the scope of the Operating System...

Αλέξανδρος Καρυπίδης
Πανεπιστήμιο Θεσσαλίας
Τμήμα Μηχ/κών Η/Υ, Τηλεπικοινωνιών & Δικτύων

Alexandros Karypidis
University of Thessaly
Computer & Communications Engineering dept.