List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: Re: [SLE] Anyone know if Mandrake 9, Red Hat 8 are any good?
From:       "" <prestonc () crawfordsolutions ! com>
Date:       2002-12-06 15:41:18

----- Original Message -----
From: Yongtao Yang
Sent: 12/6/2002 2:31:37 AM
To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

> Hello, Presten:
>
> I experienced exactly the same problem and from this list I finally got
> the solutions:
>
> 1. If you can, move all your partitions to one hard disk.

Is that for real? SuSE 8.1 should support more than one hard drive, shouldn't it? \
It's not even like I spread out /var or something like that onto the second drive. I \
basically just have a big reiserfs partition on it called /storage and I mount that \
to store all my backups and media files.
> 2. If you are using reiserfs , Add this option to the line in
> /etc/fstab. For example, if by default it is "defaults", change it to
> "defaults,barrier=none".

I'll give that a try after this memtest stuff.

Preston