List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Alcatel USB Modem Help for Newbie
From:       Stephen Allewell <stephen () mirramar ! fsnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-06-03 17:30:36

Stu Brady wrote:

> Nearly a newbie?  That's me I suppose.
>
> I think I have installed the driver etc for the modem. I have 'configure' the Suse \
> Network Base dets (DNS, 0.38 VPN etc).
> I tried to use KInternet to dial up (I'm with Pipex) but without success so far.
>
> I am not sure what I need to setup - I thought KInternet would be sufficient.  What \
> else do I need to configure?
> Thanks
>
> Stu
Hi Stu

Kinternet won't work for ADSL in the UK as it only does PPPoE and not
the PPPoA that we have here.  I am also with Pipex and used the Benoit
drivers and HOWTO to get up and running.  I also posted a script to
this list to start adsl at bootup.  You can find it in the archives or
I'll email it to you if you can't find it.

regards

Steve