I use an alcatel speedtouch home - you have to use pptp to connect to british adsl connects via ethernet to the linux box works fine, although it does sometimes hang after a few days of use. This is probably something to do with the modem I think I read. I just reset it. dids > This question may well have come up before but there's so much traffic > here I don't always keep up...... > > I've got SuSE 6.4 installation with 2.2.16 kernel which I'm very happy > with - mostly used as a server/inet router to a couple of other machine= s > and I'm now on the verge of looking into ADSL equipping it. So I'm afte= r > thoughts/opinions on which way to go, specifically: > > - which modem's to use, the machine hasn't got usb and i'm keen to avoi= d > these & where to get one (I'm in the UK so needs to be UK compliant) > > - should I be upgrading the kernel/and or the whole SuSE installation t= o > a newer flavour (not entirely confident/sure about the effects on tryin= g > to just build one of the newer 2.4.x kernel's and shoving it on). > > and with all this in mind how difficult is it to do anyway. > > cheers. -- To unsubscribe send e-mail to suse-linux-e-unsubscribe@suse.com For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com