List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] network printer
From:       Chad Whitten <dog () intop ! net>
Date:       2002-05-09 17:39:38

sounds like the printers are setup to use ipx/spx and appletalk to
communicate with the macs and windows pcs.  go to a windows pc and look at
the printer properties and i bet its an ipx/spx port.

anyway, change the ip on your linux box to 192.0.0.193 for a few minutes,
telnet to the jetdirect - i bet it has no password set, and set the ip with
ip: 192.168.1.99 (or whatever your ip range is)
or whatever, doing a / at the prompt will show the current settings and doing
? will show you how to set parameters.

now change your ip back to its normal range and try to find it again.

--
Chad Whitten
Network/Systems Administrator