List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Disappointed with smpppd on 8.0 - wvdial fine.
From:       Anders Johansson <andjoh () cicada ! linux-site ! net>
Date:       2002-05-09 14:31:22

On Thursday 09 May 2002 16:22, dids wrote:
> Instant success.

Quick question: do you by any chance have "Stupid Mode = 1" in your
wvdial.conf?

I had a problem a while ago where an ISP would only accept a connection one
time in ten. It turned out that the problem was a timeout before ppp was
started. Sometimes pppd was started before the timeout, most times it wasn't.
With stupid mode it's started immediately.

If that's your problem you can get smpppd to work by adding STUPIDMODE=yes in
your provider-file in /etc/sysconfig/network/providers (I haven't found a
yast way of doing it yet).

regards
Anders