List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Usb mouse
From:       Oliver Fuchs <oliverfuchs1 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-05-07 10:40:15

On Tue, 07 May 2002, Gunnar Haaland wrote:

> When I start my new SuSE 8.0 my Usb mouse is dead, I have to start Yast to get
> it going again.
> And my Usb Hub, that was ok with 7.3, are making trouble to me.
> I did a claen install of 8.0, how wise was that??

Hi,
there was this error regarding SuSE Pro 8.0 mentioned in this list
before. Suggestion from SuSE was:

"Several people have run into problems with USB mice in 8.0.  The
mouse works fine during the installation but afterwards is dead in
X.  The problem is a bug in the hotplug script which is being fixed
now but as a workaround putting usbcore and usb-uhci into the initrd
solves the problem.  In /etc/sysconfig/kernel add "usbcore usb-uhci"
to the INITRD_MODULES variable, run /sbin/mk_initrd and /sbin/lilo."

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang-bang fruit ...