List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] suse 8.0  so how are we supposed to install rpms in a batch now yast1 is gone :(
From:       Erik Jakobsen <erik () urbakken ! dk>
Date:       2002-05-05 16:28:54

Hi again.

> > > /sbin/yast
> > > /sbin/YaST
> > > /sbin/zast
>
> mv /sbin/yast /sbin/yast.bak
> mv /sbin/YaST /sbin/YaST.bak
> mv /sbin/zast /sbin/zast.bak

Ok now I know what you mean, but with ref. to another mail I have sent, we can
see, that there are more files in the /sbin dir., than the ones you mentions.

> now the rpm will install.
>
> Note however that SuSE does as of yet not support this oficially, and
> that all that I have tested is the option in:
>
> Package Management --> Install packages

Also what I have used, and this works pretty well.

> to install or update packages, not any other option to configure the
> system.

Yes right.

--
Med venlig hilsen - Best regards - Vy 73 de oz4kk
Erik Jakobsen - erik@urbakken.dk