List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    SuSE 7.3 bad CDs?
From:       Brian Durant <durant () cbn ! net ! id>
Date:       2002-03-03 9:05:56

Hi again,

I have done 3 installs since I last posted an e-mail to the list about
my newbie package and network problems (Soyo Dragon Plus! motherboard)
and I am totally down on SuSE. I have performed 3 variations of a
"normal" install. One with default no office, KDE environment/All of
KDE and Help Documentation. The second was a vanilla flavored default
no office. The third was a vanilla flavored default with office. In
all 3 cases, I was unable to produce a workable install. Two resulted
in a kernel panic and the third, could not write LILO to the /mbr. All
errors during install are different. kdegraphics and kdemultimedia are
the one common denominator. In all three cases, there was a bad magic
failure to unpack the archive message. Otherwise, no common
denominator. I have checked my RAM and there is no problem there. I
think I will go out and purchase Mandrake 8.1.

--
Best regards,
Brian                          mailto:durant@cbn.net.id