List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    7.3 on Toshiba 5005-S504
From:       Harry Reinert <bc550 () scn ! org>
Date:       2001-11-30 17:21:02

Hello all -

I am trying to install SuSE 7.3 on a Toshiba 5005-S504.  The installation
hangs, unless I do a manual install.  It seems to halt at a message
"searching infofile ...." or something like that. (I'm doing this from
memory.)

I finally managed to get through the entire installation process using the
manual installation option.  However, the system now hangs on the PCMCIA
script and I have to shut down and restart the computer.

I have booted into linux using the "linux single" command on the LILO
prompt.  At that point, if I stop PCMCIA and then attempt to restart it, I
get a kernel panic message and the machine locks up again.

I cannot figure out how to disable PCMCIA in the boot script.  Booting up
with linux single does not allow me to run YAST and the Linux partitions
are mounted RO.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get me past this roadblock.

Thanks,

Harry