List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Linux vs Windows
From:       Ain Vagula <ain () riiska ! ee>
Date:       2001-11-13 8:17:49

1. I have 2 years owned hp ide cd-writer and finally last week I got the
thing working in windows, in linux worked it all the time :)
2. I couldn't install win2000 on my old machine. I wasted 3 days,
nothing, it just hanged up. Microsoft helpdesk didn't say anything
reasonable. Then I brought machine to a computer firm, they wasted
another three days. They said that they don't want my money, it is about
their pride to get thing up... nothing.
Now I know that problem was a kind of motherboard chipset incompability.
3. My son tried Windows Me on his machine and he didn't like it. Also he
decided to go back to win98. Of course, win98 fdisk couldn't erase winMe
partitions and I used SuSE live-eval cd to do this (he gave WinMe cd
back to his friend, so we couldn't use this)  :P
4. etc......

Who said that windows is easy to install ? :)
I have used Linux since SuSE 6.2 (hmm, 7.3 seems to by my 7th SuSE) and
never had some kind of installing problems.

--
ain,
lru#151895