List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Apache, CGI
From:       Martin Webster <mwebster () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2001-09-30 23:10:18

On Sunday 30 September 2001  7:23 pm, Brandon Caudle wrote:
> One of my friends has webspace on my server, I set him up an accound, his
> home directory has the /public_html and he has some cgi-scripts and stuff,
> well he wants to move his site to my server but we can't seem to get his
> cgi scripts to work.  Can his cgi scripts be in his home account.  Look
> http://64.192.99.49/~kheang/post.html
>
> username: guest
> password: password
> post type: news
>
> and i copied his scripts to .txt and put them in
> http://64.192.99.49/server/problems/

The script executed when I tried it. Have you resolved the problems? See
below:

1,User1,beans,user2@gamingsolution.com,blank2,User2,beans,2@gamingsolution.com,blank
(whatever this means!)

And yes, you can run CGI-BIN in the home directories. Just have to modify
httpd.conf. Just look for Alias /cgi-bin/ in the AddHandler section and add:

<Directory ~ "/home/[a-z]+/public_html/cgi-bin">
  Options ExecCGI
  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
</Directory>

Newer versions of Apache use <DirectoryMatch>. Substitute <Directory> with
this and drop the "~".

Martin Webster <mwebster@ntlworld.com>
Registered Linux User #230322
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/spider-monkey/