List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    RE: [SLE] USB mouse
From:       "Heaton, Simon" <Simon.Heaton () softwareag ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-09-24 10:01:46

Weird!

I have a Kensington optical USB mouse.

Worked fine under SuSE7.0 and 7.2

Kind regards,

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron White [mailto:rwhite@netins.net]
Sent: 22 September 2001 17:45
To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
Subject: [SLE] USB mouse

To the group,

For what it's worth.

A while back I tried to get  SuSE 7.2 to recognize a usb mouse which was
plugged into a usb port.  I got many suggestions from the list, but no
matter
what I tried it just wouldn't work.

I took a little poll on this list and no one was using a usb port.  Everyone

used a ps/2 port.

I just installed SuSE 7.2 on a machine that has the same kind of mouse, but
it's plugged into the ps/2 port, and the mouse was recognized and works ok.

The wheel even works.

The conclusion I've come to is that you can't use a mouse plugged into a usb

port.

Ron

--
Ron White
Amateur Radio:  WA0MWW

archives at http://lists.suse.com

--
The content of this e-mail is confidential, may contain privileged material
and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you receive this

Software AG (UK) Limited
Registered in England & Wales 1310740
Registered Office: Hudson House, Hudson Way,
Pride Park, Derby DE24 8HS