List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] USB mouse
From:       Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard () jasongeo ! com>
Date:       2001-09-22 18:22:34

* arthur <arthur@umfaan.demon.co.uk> (Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 06:08:01PM +0100)
> I am using a Logitech optical USB mouse plugged into the USB port right now
> and it works apart from the wheel. It even works when I plug the USB hub in
> my monitor into the USB port and plug the mouse into one of the monitor USB
> ports. This is with SuSE 7.2 Prof. - as far as I remeber all I had to do on
> installation was check that USB was activated, but I didn't make notes of
> what I did unfortunately.

1 -> make sure you have ZAxisMapping in your XF86Config file
	(sax2, number of mouse buttons 5 or add
	  Option        "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
	  to the mouse section of that file
	  (and restart X ;) )
2 -> make sure your window manager knows what to do with the button 4 (up)
and button 5(down) events. KDE 2 does this automatically for you.

Currently listening to: CD Audio Track 08

	Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	Standing above the crowd, he had a voice so strong and loud
 =`\<,			we'll miss him