List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Star Office *@&!% difficulties
From:       FX Fraipont <fxf () skynet ! be>
Date:       2001-07-15 14:03:22

Nick Selby wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running Star Office 5.2 under 7.2, and have a problem. I opened a word 2000 \
> document with S.O., and SO  crashed. When I went to restart it, it freezes with the \
> SO opening logo and does not go any turther; the only way to get out of it is to \
> kill soffice.bin. I've restarted X and still the problem remains. Can anyone offer \
> a solution?

I would use any editor to create a .txt file.
Select it in Konqueror,  right click and select "open with" and type "soffice".
You could then try to rename the word 2000 file, possibly trying another extension.

I have already been in a similar situation, with Soffice crashed and the splash \
screen that would not go away, but I noticed there was a small window behind the \
splash screen that asked if I wanted to recover the file that had crashed SO. \
Unfortunately, the OK / Cancel buttons were hidden by the splash screen; but I was \
able to draw that window aside and click cancel.

fxf