List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Is there a SuSE compat-glibc 2.1.x package?
From:       Barnet Wagman <wagman () enteract ! com>
Date:       2001-05-12 14:59:07

I'm running SuSE 7.1, which uses glibc 2.2, but I need glibc 2.1 to run
Oracle 8i

I've read that Redhat has a compat-glibc package that allows you to have
glibc 2.1.3 installed with a glibc 2.2 system.  Does anyone know if
there is similar package for SuSE?  I've looked at the installation
disks but couldn't find one, and I'm reluctant to try to install a
Redhat package.

Thanks,

Barnet Wagman