List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] When did I become a SuSE finatic?
From:       Jerry Kreps <jerrykreps () jlkreps ! net>
Date:       2001-04-29 0:42:48

On Saturday 28 April 2001 16:29, Timothy R.Butler wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
>
> > Strange you would mention that.  Last fall, when my employer
> > asked me to find a BBS system I decided to use SuSE and
> > went to BestBuy in Lincoln to purchase a box..  While there
> > I did exactly the same thing!  :-)
>
>   <g> Maybe SuSE should mobilize a network of SuSE users to go to
> their favorite computer stores to make sure there is always enough
> copies. :-)

I always check the OS section in the computer stores I visit.   But, for
my own personal needs I buy over the internet from Chumbo or the
like to get the best discount.   I'm just cheap.

> > SuSE certianly is addictive.
>
>   You can say that again. And stable too - now that I'm use to
> using Kmail rather than Outlook, I'm really enjoying the fact that
> I'm not always rewritting messages that got lost during crashes.
> :-)

KMail is my prefered email package too!   I have mine set to work
with several different accounts and ISPs for my wife and I.

> > BTW - SuSE outnumbered the RH boxes on display because
> > they had a higher turnover.
>
>   Yeah. If SuSE can keep the top one or two positions in stores
> that would be great. The 38% market share in March is certainly
> impressive since 7.1 had been out for at least two weeks before the
> beginning of the month.
>
>   Maybe by SuSE 8.0, the eWeek headlines won't say "New Linux
> Release" when then mean a new _RedHat_ release. :-)

We'll just have to 'educate' them on the difference!
JLK