List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Realplayer and Konqueror
From:       Jerry Kreps <jerrykreps () jlkreps ! net>
Date:       2001-04-22 21:19:04

On Sunday 22 April 2001 14:12, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> Hi Rob:
>
> On Sunday 22 April 2001 13:00, you wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten Konqueror to play realplayer files ?
>
> Yes; I routinely watch the BBC news and TV Deutsche Welle with Real
> Player 8 for Linux.
>
> >  Specifically I can't get the ones at
> > http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/video_index/video_index.html to
> > run.
>
>  This one worked for me; however there was no place to use the
> standard player; I had to use the one provided by ABC.

Which one was that?  I didn't see any offerings.....

Mine would work up until the speed offering, and would fail to pull
real player after I clicked a speed.  They work ok under Netscape,
because the mime and plugin sh scripts installed the realplay.so and the
realplayclass.zip in /home/jerry/.netscape/plugins
..