List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Linux on the desktop at work - Summary of week 1
From:       Doug McGarrett <dougmack () i-2000 ! com>
Date:       2001-04-07 22:45:43

At 12:34 04/07/2001 -0500, you wrote:

I'll cut to the chase:

(If this does not appear on the list, please forward to Jeffrey.)

I have found that it is much easier to install to bare metal than
to upgrade.  When you upgrade, you have all the "this file is newer
than that" one after another  to deal with.  A bare-metal install
is a snap.  You're right that it's apples and oranges.  The only
thing with a bare-metal install is that you have to input all the
network stuff, if there is one, but a lot of upgrades wipe out the
network stuff that was there, and you have to do it anyway.