List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Ami MegaRAID Enterprise 1300 + SuSE 7 PROBLEM
From:       Jerry Kreps <jerrykreps () jlkreps ! net>
Date:       2000-11-30 23:30:21

On Thursday 30 November 2000 09:30, mathias rockel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to know if anyone has made any experience with the
> mentioned configuration. I have to set up a web server and I
> created an install-script with a SuSE 7 system which automatically
> partitions and formats a RAID5 system into three partitions /boot
> 16MB
> swap 128 MB
> / the rest
> and then copies a tested SuSE system to the drives and runs LILO at
> the end. If I now reboot the system all I get is 'LI', which quite
> frankly even after searching the SDB and the web for help doesn't
> mean much to me and I have no clue what might did go wrong.
> I compiled the newest AMI MegaRAID 1.08 driver as a module, and it
> seemed to work as it could mount the Array while booting from the
> diskettes which ran the script, and also I think it isn't even
> loaded at this point while booting. So any suggestions would be
> GREATLY appreciated (and pls don't paste the LILO error code
> descriptions, I know them by now). I cannot get that much more
> information (sadly), as the web server is on a remote location and
> is not installed directly by me. Thanks in advance!
>
> mathias rockel

Page 136 in the manual:
"LI" - The second stage has been evoked but could not be started.  This
can be caused by a geometry mismatch (HD configured wrong) or by
moving /boot/boot.b with out reinstalling LILO.
JLK
--
Scientific theories, according to Sir Karl Popper, can be "falsified," or proven wrong, by experiment.
Unscientific theories -Marxist dialectical history and Freudian psychology were Popper's favorites-