List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Motherboard
From:       Ole Kofoed Hansen <okh-linux () post ! cybercity ! dk>
Date:       2000-11-30 23:08:57

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Andrew R Hartung wrote:
> Also, if building a system from scratch, will I need to have DOS
> and/or windows installed for any part of the Linux installation?

No.

My current installation is on a nice 20GB harddrive, which
has never seen a bit of any microsoft program.

When I installed, I booted from SuSE6.3 CD#1, partitioned my drive,
let it do it's install, and it worked. After that I downloaded
ALL the SuSE7.0 packages from the net, and made a clean install
from them, using the default floppy boot image.

I now run 7.0 with Helix Gnome, and I like it.

Regards

Ole