List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Suggestion on Laser Printer
From:       "Hing C." <hing () loop ! com>
Date:       2000-11-30 21:57:22

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a nice & relatively cheap laser printer.  I have seen
NEC 1400.  It has 4MB and 1200dpi for $325.00 + s/h.  Is this a good
printer for Linux?  The reason I like this one because most of the
other laser printer in this price range either has only 2MB or 600dpi.
This one seems to be a good buy.
Any other suggestion?

Another question I have is: Is it true that any "postscript" printer
will work
fine with Linux?  I have set up a Linux box at work and have a Ricoh
AP1600.
The Ricoh  printer is supposed to be postscript and PCL6, so it should
work
right?

Please reply directly as well as posting to the mailing
list.  That way, I would not miss any emails.

Thanks in advance.

Hing