List:       suse-laptop
Subject:    [opensuse-mobile] LG S1 MDGDG C2D T7200
From:       Werner Modenbach <modenbach () alc ! de>
Date:       2007-11-14 16:01:18

Hi all,

Last year I bought the above LG Notebook.
I'm running it with SuSE 10.2 and it works fine so far, except I have a
problem with my WLAN access point at home. But there's no problem with other
access points.
Last week I tried to install SuSE 10.3 and was disappointed.

1) The graphic chip is not supported (ATI Mobility Radeon X1600), but it was
on 10.2
2) The cable network interface doesn't work (Agere Systems ET-131x PCI-E
Ethernet Controller), but it did with 10.2
3) I still have the same trouble with my accesspoint, even without encryption.
(Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG)

Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible 10.3 has less hardwaresupport than
10.2?

Thanks for any hint.

- Werner -

--
ALC Computertechnik GmbH  -  Kaiserstr. 100  -  D 52134 Herzogenrath
phone: +49-2407-9581-15, fax: +49-2407-9581-39, web: http://alc.de

Handelsregister/Registered at: Amtsgericht Aachen: HRB 3714
UST-ID Nr: DE 811345640

Geschäftsführer/Manager: Werner Modenbach, Wilfried Renkens, Christoph Wieners