List:       suse-laptop
Subject:    Re: [suse-laptop] nc 6220 dmesg
From:       Stefan Behlert <behlert () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-12-14 9:03:25

Hi,

On Dec 13, 05 23:59:26 +0000, Gert Ormel wrote:
>  Hallo,
>
>  My HP nc6220 seems to have 'thermal management' problems.

Can you elaborate a little bit what you mean with "'thermal management'
problems"?
From that sentence alone it's hard to ask more specific questions which may
lead to a solution.

>  I found loads of ACPI related warning messages in the dmesg output,

Hm, anything with THM or 'thermal' in it?

>  but here's a line that worries me partucularly and I've idea whether or not it's related
>  to the temperature control:
>

> ACPI: Looking for DSDT in initrd... not found!
>
> Is this supposed to be an error?

No. SUSE allows to add a DSDT into the initrd. That DSDT is then replacing
the corresponding part of the BIOS. That's an easy way to fix buggy BIOSes.
The message simply says, that no such DSDT was found and thus not installed
(some distributions demand a recompile of the kernel, some allow it that
way to 'fix' BIOSes).

        ciao,
          Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert

--
Um die Liste abzubestellen, schicken Sie eine Mail an: