List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] kmail configuration with DE  Language
From:       Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer () tmo ! at>
Date:       2020-08-07 9:56:18

Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2020, 02:30:57 schrieb Günther J. Niederwimmer:
> I have installed the aspell dictionary for the languages, but this is not
> longer working have I to change something
Aspell (or its dictionaries) is not used anymore since years at least.

You need to install the corresponding myspell-xxx packages.
For german these are available: (here on Leap 15.2 at least, but I don't think
it's different on Tumbleweed)
 myspell-de
 myspell-de_AT
 myspell-de_CH
 myspell-de_DE

> Is something changed in kmail ?
Unlikely.
It only uses KDE Frameworks' sonnet library for spellchecking.

The change to hunspell was already done in the switch from KDE4 to KF5.
Before (i.e. in kdelibs4) it used enchant, which did support aspell as well,
but also hunspell.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang