List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE repos for Leap 15.2
From:       Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer () tmo ! at>
Date:       2020-07-22 16:35:46

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2020, 10:47:30 schrieb Luiz Fernando Ranghetti:
> Sure, the question was mostly rhetorical right now, but say, for
> example, that a user wants that LTS stuff (Qt and Plasma) and just
> wants to update the Applications when 20.11 is available.
That won't be possible.

As I wrote, KDEPIM e.g. already requires Qt 5.13 now (as of 20.08 beta), but
Leap 15.2 only has 5.12.7.

The other problem is that newer application versions may also need newer KDE
Frameworks versions (which in turn may need newer Qt versions, as they will
stop supporting Qt 5.12 LTS in November).
E.g. KDEPIM now needs KDE Frameworks 5.72 in master (what will become 20.12),
but Leap 15.2 has 5.71.

Even if it would be possible to build some newer applications with older
Qt5/KF5:
The KDE:Applications repo is built against KDE:Qt5 and KDE:Frameworks5, also
for Leap 15.2. So if you want to use it, you *need* the other two as well.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang