List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE file dialogs in Thunderbird and Firefox
From:       Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer () tmo ! at>
Date:       2020-07-16 9:17:16

Am Freitag, 10. Juli 2020, 12:10:22 schrieb Tom Warnke:
> On 10.07.20 11:38, Fabian Vogt wrote:
> just installed the kmozillahelper package, but it does not seem to apply
> to my manual Firefox installation. It fixes the dialogs in Thunderbird,
> though, which I installed as a package from the official repo.
As already indicated, openSUSE's Firefox is patched to use KDE dialogs via
kmozillahelper.

Just installing the latter will not do anything without the openSUSE patches
to Firefox itself, i.e. it has no effect on a manual Firefox installation.

(the same is true for Thunderbird btw.)

> Is kmozillahelper only pulled in by the MozillaFirefox package, not by
kmozillahelper supplements packageand(MozillaFirefox:plasma5-desktop), i.e. it
should get installed automatically if MozillaFirefox *and* plasma5-desktop is
installed (unless you disable installation of recommended packages).

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang