List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] journal full of these types of messages
From:       Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer () tmo ! at>
Date:       2020-06-17 11:33:20

Am Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2020, 12:04:30 schrieb Ianseeks:
> I get a lot of these "deprecated" messages related to QML (see below) in the
> journal, some suggest upgrading to QtQml 2.15 but i can't even find any
> installation of QtQml anywhere to even check what version is installed.
QtQml 2.15 is part of libQtQuick 5.15, which you should already have if your
system is up-to-date...

Actually, (at least some of) these warnings may even be new in Qt 5.15...

> Are
> they pointless journal entries from a users point of view?
Yes, they mainly inform developers of possible (current or future) problems in
the code.

E.g.:
> 3.
> This behavior is deprecated.
> You have to import QtQml 2.15 after any QtQuick imports and set
> the restoreMode of the binding to fix this warning.
> In Qt < 6.0 the default is Binding.RestoreBinding.
> In Qt >= 6.0 the default is Binding.RestoreBindingOrValue.
This warning talks about changing the code to "import QtQml 2.15", not that
the user should upgrade to that version.

But that's not possible for Plasma 5.19, as this would mean that Qt 5.15 is
the minimum version, and Plasma 5.19 is supposed to support 5.14 as well.

"deprecated" just means that it (should) still works for now, but may break/be
removed in future versions.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang